منتدى الإنجليزية
منتدى الإنجليزية
منتدى الإنجليزية
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

منتدى الإنجليزية

خاص بالجزائريين و التعليم في الجزائر

البوابةHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The Importance of Writing Support
Poll
ما رأيكم في منتدانا الجديد
ممتاز
The Importance of Writing I_vote_lcap22%The Importance of Writing I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 28 ]
جيد جدا
The Importance of Writing I_vote_lcap19%The Importance of Writing I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 24 ]
لا بأس به
The Importance of Writing I_vote_lcap30%The Importance of Writing I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 38 ]
متوسط
The Importance of Writing I_vote_lcap20%The Importance of Writing I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 25 ]
سيء
The Importance of Writing I_vote_lcap9%The Importance of Writing I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 127
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trackmania Valley
The Importance of Writing EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 9:25 pm by Samiha

» American and British Spelling
The Importance of Writing EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 9:09 am by T.S.A.Tamy

» E-mail writing
The Importance of Writing EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:09 pm by Samiha

» [ Www.TorrentDay.com ] - Mean.Facesitters.XXX.DVDRip.XviD-ST
The Importance of Writing EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 7:43 pm by nedrisas

» Language,dialect and variation, sociolinguistic
The Importance of Writing EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:39 pm by Samiha

» How to Use a Dictionary
The Importance of Writing EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:27 pm by Samiha

» Everything about phonetics here!!!!!
The Importance of Writing EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:01 pm by Abou Nourhan

» Useful Words for Any Conversation
The Importance of Writing EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:44 am by Samiha

» PCs and Macs
The Importance of Writing EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:07 pm by Samiha

Top posters
Samiha
The Importance of Writing I_vote_lcapThe Importance of Writing I_voting_barThe Importance of Writing I_vote_rcap 
Carlotta
The Importance of Writing I_vote_lcapThe Importance of Writing I_voting_barThe Importance of Writing I_vote_rcap 
mohamedz
nada32
AMINE
spirit
Rose of Spring
Sandra
سماحي 93
free_angel
المنتدى بكل اللغات

ازرار التصفُّح
 البوابة
 الصفحة الرئيسية
 قائمة الاعضاء
 البيانات الشخصية
 س .و .ج
 ابحـث
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

قم بحفض و مشاطرة الرابط منتدى الإنجليزية على موقع حفض الصفحات

Bookmark and share the address of منتدى الإنجليزية on your social bookmarking website
ازرار التصفُّح
 البوابة
 الصفحة الرئيسية
 قائمة الاعضاء
 البيانات الشخصية
 س .و .ج
 ابحـث
زوار المنتدى
The Importance of Writing Labels=0
Statistics
We have 86 registered users
The newest registered user is eiddanta

Our users have posted a total of 291 messages in 152 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:23 pm

The Importance of Writing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Samiha
Admin
Samiha

عدد المساهمات : 159
تاريخ التسجيل : 2010-01-23
العمر : 39
الموقع : https://english4all.forumarabia.com/

The Importance of Writing Empty
PostSubject: The Importance of Writing   The Importance of Writing EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:44 pm

The Importance of Writing in School

Boy writing in schoolWriting is complex. When we write, we draw upon our knowledge of words, sentences, and meaning. We use rules for grammar, spelling, and mechanics. The job of the writer, however, does not stop there.

Writing requires authors to think deeply about facts and concepts. It requires them to make connections between new and old. Writing is not just about putting thoughts on paper; writing helps us organize our thoughts and learn.

The importance of writing in school is often underestimated. Children who have difficulty writing are at a disadvantage in their schoolwork. They lack opportunities to develop critical thinking skills. Children with disabilities are at risk for writing failure. Language, spatial thinking, attention, memory, processing speed, and handwriting can all make writing challenging. As a result, it is important to monitor writing skill from kindergarten through high school. Writing remediation is more effective when it is implemented early. It is more effective when it is targeted to children’s individual needs.

Myths and Misconceptions about Written Language Testing

Myth #1: All tests of written expression are created equal. Writing tests reflect different views of how children learn to write. Some tests ask children to fill in parts of a story; others measure performance on isolated tasks. Some authorities believe that spelling is part of written expression; others feel that an emphasis on spelling detracts from creativity. Some tests measure writing skill apart from background knowledge; others incorporate higher-level thinking skills.

Myth #2: Short and easy does it. Evaluators want tests that are quick and easy to score. Test publishers try to make them happy. Some writing tests focus on sentence-length responses. Other tests provide opportunities for students to write stories, opinion pieces, and/or summaries. Tests that focus on short responses do not measure the organizational skills needed for essay and story writing. They may not measure the skills needed to write for a history or science course.

Myth #3: Written language is separate from oral language. Written language has its roots in oral language. Children who have difficulty writing sentences require language testing. They may also require speech and language therapy.

Myth #4: Handwriting is not important. Children who labor to control their pencils do not write a lot. As a result, they get less practice. They may have difficulty thinking about what they want to say.

Myth #5: Written expression tests are sensitive to the skills of first and second graders. Many writing tests do not adequately sample the skills of young children. In the testing world, this is called a “floor.” A “floor” is the term used to describe the number of items at the lower level of a text. When tests do not have enough lower level items, young children can earn inflated scores simply through lucky guessing.

Myth #6: Written expression tests are sensitive to the skills of middle school and high school students. Most writing tests do not measure the skills needed for reports and essays. They may not measure whether children write with an age-appropriate vocabulary. On some tests, sentences that do not make sense do not affect the score.
Back to top Go down
https://english4all.forumarabia.com
AMINE
عضو نشيط
عضو نشيط
AMINE

عدد المساهمات : 16
تاريخ التسجيل : 2010-02-08
العمر : 41

PostSubject: Re: The Importance of Writing   The Importance of Writing EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 5:17 am

think you ...you put an interesting item which studied with details even it's abridged the importance of writing in schools & the myths about how children get difficulty in written tests it was a psychological study too...I find the fourth myth interesting..
think you so much
which see always your news
Back to top Go down
Samiha
Admin
Samiha

عدد المساهمات : 159
تاريخ التسجيل : 2010-01-23
العمر : 39
الموقع : https://english4all.forumarabia.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Importance of Writing   The Importance of Writing EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:57 pm

AMINE wrote:
think you ...you put an interesting item which studied with details even it's abridged the importance of writing in schools & the myths about how children get difficulty in written tests it was a psychological study too...I find the fourth myth interesting..
think you so much
which see always your news

The Importance of Writing 965765
Back to top Go down
https://english4all.forumarabia.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Importance of Writing   The Importance of Writing Empty

Back to top Go down

The Importance of Writing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum