منتدى الإنجليزية
منتدى الإنجليزية
منتدى الإنجليزية
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

منتدى الإنجليزية

خاص بالجزائريين و التعليم في الجزائر

البوابةHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
African Literature Support
Poll
ما رأيكم في منتدانا الجديد
ممتاز
African Literature I_vote_lcap22%African Literature I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 28 ]
جيد جدا
African Literature I_vote_lcap19%African Literature I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 24 ]
لا بأس به
African Literature I_vote_lcap30%African Literature I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 38 ]
متوسط
African Literature I_vote_lcap20%African Literature I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 25 ]
سيء
African Literature I_vote_lcap9%African Literature I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 127
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trackmania Valley
African Literature EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 9:25 pm by Samiha

» American and British Spelling
African Literature EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 9:09 am by T.S.A.Tamy

» E-mail writing
African Literature EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:09 pm by Samiha

» [ Www.TorrentDay.com ] - Mean.Facesitters.XXX.DVDRip.XviD-ST
African Literature EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 7:43 pm by nedrisas

» Language,dialect and variation, sociolinguistic
African Literature EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:39 pm by Samiha

» How to Use a Dictionary
African Literature EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:27 pm by Samiha

» Everything about phonetics here!!!!!
African Literature EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:01 pm by Abou Nourhan

» Useful Words for Any Conversation
African Literature EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:44 am by Samiha

» PCs and Macs
African Literature EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:07 pm by Samiha

Top posters
Samiha
African Literature I_vote_lcapAfrican Literature I_voting_barAfrican Literature I_vote_rcap 
Carlotta
African Literature I_vote_lcapAfrican Literature I_voting_barAfrican Literature I_vote_rcap 
mohamedz
nada32
AMINE
spirit
Rose of Spring
Sandra
سماحي 93
free_angel
المنتدى بكل اللغات

ازرار التصفُّح
 البوابة
 الصفحة الرئيسية
 قائمة الاعضاء
 البيانات الشخصية
 س .و .ج
 ابحـث
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

قم بحفض و مشاطرة الرابط منتدى الإنجليزية على موقع حفض الصفحات

Bookmark and share the address of منتدى الإنجليزية on your social bookmarking website
ازرار التصفُّح
 البوابة
 الصفحة الرئيسية
 قائمة الاعضاء
 البيانات الشخصية
 س .و .ج
 ابحـث
زوار المنتدى
African Literature Labels=0
Statistics
We have 86 registered users
The newest registered user is eiddanta

Our users have posted a total of 291 messages in 152 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:23 pm

African Literature

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Samiha
Admin
Samiha

عدد المساهمات : 159
تاريخ التسجيل : 2010-01-23
العمر : 39
الموقع : https://english4all.forumarabia.com/

African Literature Empty
PostSubject: African Literature   African Literature EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:23 am

AFRICAN LITERATURE

The literature of the continent of Africa. Much still belongs to the oral tradition, closely linked to both secular occupation and religious ritual. Throughout the many language groups, there is a wealth of dirges, laments, love songs, chants, celebrations, invectives, and poems inciting warriors to battle, with musical accompaniment. Literature is written in both African and the post-colonial languages. Much vernacular composition tends to be in drama and poetry, such as Kwasi Fiawoo's Ewe play Toko Atolia (1937, The Fifth Landing Stage), and Okot p'Bitek's satirical poem in Acholi; whereas Africans writing in English or French will often prefer fiction. Notable examples include the English novels of Chinua Achebe (among them Things Fall Apart, 1958), the plays of Wole Soyinka, and the French poetry of Leon Damas (1912–78), Léopold Senghor, and Aimé Césaire. African Literature Today provides an annual review of the field; while the anthology Daughters of Africa (1992) adds women's writing to what is now available. The quite different culture of South Africa has produced a number of distinguished novelists, most recently writing against or despite the apartheid state, among them Olive Schreiner, Nadine Gordimer, J M Coetzee, and Christopher Hope. During the later decades of the 20th-c, several writers of African and European descent spoke out, often at great danger to themselves, against human rights abuses. Notable among these was the Nigerian writer, Kenule (‘Ken’) Beeson Saro-Wiwa (1941–95), who was executed in 1995 by his country's military regime.

African literature generally refers to the novels, short stories, and poetry written by African writers during the 20th century. The term "African literature" may also include the oral literary traditions of precolonial Africa.

Precolonial African literature

Because literacy did not become widespread in Africa until the arrival of Christian missionaries in the 1800s, much of the precolonial African literary canon is oral.

One popular form of traditional African folktale is the "trickster" story, where a small animal uses its wits to survive encounters with larger creatures.

Colonial African literature

The African works best known in the West from the period of colonization and the slave trade are primarily slave narratives, such as Olaudah Equiano's The Interesting Narrative of the Life and Adventures of Olaudah Equiano, also called Gustavus Vassa, the African (1789).

During this period, African plays began to emerge. In 1962, Ngugi wa Thiong'o of Kenya wrote the first East African drama, The Black Hermit, a cautionary tale about "tribalism" (racism between African tribes).

African literature in the late colonial period (between the end of World War I and independence) increasingly showed themes of liberation, independence, and (among Africans in French-controlled territories) négritude.

Postcolonial African literature

With liberation and increased literacy since most African nations gained their independence in the 1950s and 1960s, African literature has grown dramatically in quantity and in recognition, with numerous African works appearing in Western academic curricula and on "best of" lists compiled at the end of the 20th century. African writers in this period wrote both in Western languages (notably English, French, and Portuguese) and in traditional African languages. Female writers are much more common today in African literature than they were prior to independence.

Back to top Go down
https://english4all.forumarabia.com
سماحي 93

عدد المساهمات : 4
تاريخ التسجيل : 2010-01-27

African Literature Empty
PostSubject: Re: African Literature   African Literature EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:26 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
thank you
شكرا جزيلا
Back to top Go down

African Literature
Page 1 of 1