منتدى الإنجليزية
منتدى الإنجليزية
منتدى الإنجليزية
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

منتدى الإنجليزية

خاص بالجزائريين و التعليم في الجزائر

البوابةHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Improve Your Reading Comprehension Support
Poll
ما رأيكم في منتدانا الجديد
ممتاز
Improve Your Reading Comprehension I_vote_lcap22%Improve Your Reading Comprehension I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 28 ]
جيد جدا
Improve Your Reading Comprehension I_vote_lcap19%Improve Your Reading Comprehension I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 24 ]
لا بأس به
Improve Your Reading Comprehension I_vote_lcap30%Improve Your Reading Comprehension I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 38 ]
متوسط
Improve Your Reading Comprehension I_vote_lcap20%Improve Your Reading Comprehension I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 25 ]
سيء
Improve Your Reading Comprehension I_vote_lcap9%Improve Your Reading Comprehension I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 127
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trackmania Valley
Improve Your Reading Comprehension EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 9:25 pm by Samiha

» American and British Spelling
Improve Your Reading Comprehension EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 9:09 am by T.S.A.Tamy

» E-mail writing
Improve Your Reading Comprehension EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:09 pm by Samiha

» [ Www.TorrentDay.com ] - Mean.Facesitters.XXX.DVDRip.XviD-ST
Improve Your Reading Comprehension EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 7:43 pm by nedrisas

» Language,dialect and variation, sociolinguistic
Improve Your Reading Comprehension EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:39 pm by Samiha

» How to Use a Dictionary
Improve Your Reading Comprehension EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:27 pm by Samiha

» Everything about phonetics here!!!!!
Improve Your Reading Comprehension EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:01 pm by Abou Nourhan

» Useful Words for Any Conversation
Improve Your Reading Comprehension EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:44 am by Samiha

» PCs and Macs
Improve Your Reading Comprehension EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:07 pm by Samiha

Top posters
Samiha
Improve Your Reading Comprehension I_vote_lcapImprove Your Reading Comprehension I_voting_barImprove Your Reading Comprehension I_vote_rcap 
Carlotta
Improve Your Reading Comprehension I_vote_lcapImprove Your Reading Comprehension I_voting_barImprove Your Reading Comprehension I_vote_rcap 
mohamedz
nada32
AMINE
spirit
Rose of Spring
Sandra
سماحي 93
free_angel
المنتدى بكل اللغات

ازرار التصفُّح
 البوابة
 الصفحة الرئيسية
 قائمة الاعضاء
 البيانات الشخصية
 س .و .ج
 ابحـث
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

قم بحفض و مشاطرة الرابط منتدى الإنجليزية على موقع حفض الصفحات

Bookmark and share the address of منتدى الإنجليزية on your social bookmarking website
ازرار التصفُّح
 البوابة
 الصفحة الرئيسية
 قائمة الاعضاء
 البيانات الشخصية
 س .و .ج
 ابحـث
زوار المنتدى
Improve Your Reading Comprehension Labels=0
Statistics
We have 86 registered users
The newest registered user is eiddanta

Our users have posted a total of 291 messages in 152 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 65 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:23 pm

Improve Your Reading Comprehension

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Samiha
Admin
Samiha

عدد المساهمات : 159
تاريخ التسجيل : 2010-01-23
العمر : 39
الموقع : https://english4all.forumarabia.com/

Improve Your Reading Comprehension Empty
PostSubject: Improve Your Reading Comprehension   Improve Your Reading Comprehension EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 1:58 am

Improve Your Reading Comprehension Read

How to Improve Reading Comprehension
Key Point
Good reading means building frameworks for connecting words to thoughts.

The Purpose of Reading.

The purpose of reading is to connect the ideas on the page to what you already know. If you don't know anything about a subject, then pouring words of text into your mind is like pouring water into your hand. You don't retain much. For example, try reading these numbers:

7516324 This is hard to read and remember.
751-6324 This is easier because of chunking.
123-4567 This is easy to read because of prior knowledge and structure.

Similarly, if you like sports, then reading the sports page is easy. You have a framework in your mind for reading, understanding and storing information.

Improving Comprehension.

Reading comprehension requires motivation, mental frameworks for holding ideas, concentration and good study techniques. Here are some suggestions.

Develop a broad background.

Broaden your background knowledge by reading newspapers, magazines and books. Become interested in world events.

Know the structure of paragraphs.

Good writers construct paragraphs that have a beginning, middle and end. Often, the first sentence will give an overview that helps provide a framework for adding details. Also, look for transitional words, phrases or paragraphs that change the topic.

Identify the type of reasoning.

Does the author use cause and effect reasoning, hypothesis, model building, induction or deduction, systems thinking? See section 20 for more examples on critical thinking skills.

Anticipate and predict.

Really smart readers try to anticipate the author and predict future ideas and questions. If you're right, this reinforces your understanding. If you're wrong, you make adjustments quicker.

Look for the method of organization.

Is the material organized chronologically, serially, logically, functionally, spatially or hierarchical? See section 10 for more examples on organization.

Create motivation and interest.

Preview material, ask questions, discuss ideas with classmates. The stronger your interest, the greater your comprehension.

Pay attention to supporting cues.

Study pictures, graphs and headings. Read the first and last paragraph in a chapter, or the first sentence in each section.

Highlight, summarize and review.

Just reading a book once is not enough. To develop a deeper understanding, you have to highlight, summarize and review important ideas.

Build a good vocabulary.

For most educated people, this is a lifetime project. The best way to improve your vocabulary is to use a dictionary regularly. You might carry around a pocket dictionary and use it to look up new words. Or, you can keep a list of words to look up at the end of the day. Concentrate on roots, prefixes and endings.

Use a systematic reading technique like SQR3.

Develop a systematic reading style, like the SQR3 method and make adjustments to it, depending on priorities and purpose. The SQR3 steps include Survey, Question, Read, Recite and Review. See Section 14 for more details.

Monitor effectiveness.

Good readers monitor their attention, concentration and effectiveness. They quickly recognize if they've missed an idea and backup to reread it.

Should You Vocalize Words?

Yes, although it is faster to form words in your mind rather than on your lips or throat. Eye motion is also important. Frequent backtracking slows you down considerably.

Back to top Go down
https://english4all.forumarabia.com

Improve Your Reading Comprehension
Page 1 of 1